Tuesday, December 15, 2009

No subject....

So someone told me today that I worry too much about finding something "worthy" to blog about...she is right! I started this blog as a type of journal of every day "nothings" so let me get back to the basics.

Since sharing my Black Friday episode I have been super busy preparing for the holidays.  This Sunday my mom watched little man and I got to go shopping all by myself.  It was so much fun!  I used to always feel sorry for people when I saw them eating in a restaurant by themselves but after this Sunday I will never feel the same way again.  I thoroughly enjoyed my peaceful lunch.  I went to Wendy's and had lunch at one of those itty bitty tables, you know the kind that have two seats but really there is no way to sit two at that table without putting all your stuff on top of the other persons stuff.  Anyway, I had my norm; chicken nuggets, a small ceaser salad and a jr. frosty.  This was not a weight watcher friendly meal but I didn't care since I had just weighed in and I figured I deserved the small treat...I mean how often do I really get a day all to myself?  There was an elderly man sitting about three tables away, he was reading a newspaper and sucking his teeth....it was horrible!

Anyone who knows me well knows that I have a severe diversion to smacking, slurping and sucking noises.  It is a true problem of mine.  Really.  In fact it so severe that sometimes I will skip certain social gatherings simply due to my fear of listening to people eat! You might be wondering what I plan on doing about Jackson considering that he is way too young to NOT smack or make other such annoying noises.  Well, for some odd reason I can tolerate noises made by babies and very young children.   Anyway, this man sucked on his teeth every 5-10 seconds.  He was completely oblivious to the fact that he was ruining my peaceful lunch which annoyed me even more.    Bottom line; I ate rather quickly and espcaped before I had a mental break down.

After spending 4 hours and entirely too much money in Kohl's and Target I headed to Walmart for some grocery shopping.  As I was leaving I purchased a Starbucks frappuccino (the cold coffee) in a glass bottle.  I must have opened the lid as soon as I got in the car without realizing it because three minutes down the road I picked up the frappucino and gave it a really great shake.  It took about 30 seconds for me to understand what had just happened. When I shook the bottle, the lid flew off and frappuccino soon covered everything on the passenger side of my car and I do mean EVERYTHING! I couldn't help but laugh at myself.  It was a true "Rachel moment"! 

0 comments: